Christmas Season is approaching, which means family gatherings, copious amounts of food and decorating the house. However, What we should be doing is preparing our homes plumbing!
Here at Newk's Plumbing we've put together 5 Plumbing Tips for your Home this Christmas:
1. Come Shower time, you may be pressured to get everyone through the bathroom as quickly as possible. Wait 15 minutes between Showers to give the drains time to do their thing! Also check to make sure kids aren't clogging the shower drain with toys or wash towels.
2. Resist the urge to be lazy and do not pour Cooking Fats down the sink. this is a really common problem that can be prevented. Dedicate an old ice cream bucket to dispose of the grease later in the bin.
3. Has it been more than 2 years since your last septic pump out? Avoid sewerage flowing onto your backyard cricket game and organise one before the relatives arrive.
4. Gutters filled with debris pose a high risk of clogging drains and are the perfect kindling for a house fire! Get your Gutters cleaned by our team of professional plumbers before Christmas.
5. Get in early for your plumbing maintenance! Please don't leave it until the day before Christmas to request work! We shut down from 12pm 20 December until 7.30am 6 January so any non-emergency plumbing jobs will need to be scheduled before this time. However, we will be available 24/7 for emergencies, even during the shutdown period.
Newk's Plumbing Wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
(Remember we're available on both these days as well!)