No one wants to arrive home from work or holiday to be greeted by this.
There’s a high chance you have flexi hoses installed in your home.
They are the preferred plumbing material to connect water to toilets and taps in Australia. These hoses are commonly located in out-of-the-way areas like under bathroom sinks, kitchen sinks, laundry tubs.
Unfortunately, flexi hoses are a major cause of flooding in homes. According to a report by IAG, faulty flexi hoses account for $20% of household insurance claims.
It’s an ugly truth, but up to 1,500 litres of water per hour can flood into your home from a burst flexi hose.
The financial impacts of repairs can creep into the thousands with repairs or replacement of flooring, cabinetry, soft furnishing and mould issues.
Aside from the financial impacts of repairs, figuring out where to live or work whilst your home or workplace is drying can be emotionally straining.
It’s worth considering the facts:
- Flexi hoses have a limited lifespan and should be replaced every five years.
- Maintenance is key to flood prevention. Have your flexi hoses checked by a licenced plumber to ensure the integrity of the product, as rusting, fraying and kinking can cause the pipe to bust.
- Flexi hose floods can be eliminated with a Flood Stop Isolation Tap.
So, what is a flood stop isolation tap and how can it stop my flexi hoses from flooding my home?
A Flood Stop Isolation Tap is an ingenious plumbing invention that stops the flow of water to the flexi hose the moment it bursts.
The water supply immediately shuts off to the hose without affecting other water supply at the property.
- 1x tap is required per flexi hose
- Resetting the tap is easy and doesn’t require special tools or a plumber
- Recommended for homes, investment properties and commercial premises.
Flood Stop Isolation valves can be installed on toilet and tap hoses.
Having a licensed plumber install flood isolation taps can give you peace of mind, knowing that your home or business is protected from flexi hose flooding. For more information and package deals, call Andrew on 0418 800 018. Newk’s Plumbing have been trusted commercial and residential plumbers for over 30 years in the Gympie Region.